The intensive care units are centrally air-conditioned with all modern health care facilities to serve and save the patients who are in critical condition. These units are equipped with central oxygen supply, central suction and compressed air supply, multi Para monitors, cardiac monitors, ventilators, defibrillators, infusion pumps, syringe pumps, pulse oxy meters and nebulizers.
The NICU unit of pediatrics department has a Premature Baby Unit which is equipped with Central Oxygen supply, central suction, double surface phototherapy units and warmers.
The different types of ICUS available at SMCH are as mentioned below:
- ICU (Intensive Care Unit): 10 Beds
- I.C.C.U. (Intensive Coronary Care Unit): 10 Beds
- N.I.C.U. (Neonatal Care Unit): 10 Beds
- S.I.C.U. (Surgical Intensive Care Unit): 10 Beds
- P.I.C.U. (Paediatric Intensive Care Unit) : 10 Beds
- OBG Casualty: 10 Beds